When it comes to gambling, the easier a game is to understand the worse the odds usually are. This is certainly the case with slot machines. Playing them is as easy as pressing a button. However, between the high house edge and fast rate of play, there is no quicker way to lose your money in a casino.
How They Work
Whether you’re playing a 3-reel single-line game or a 5-reel 25-line game, the outcome of every bet is ultimately determined by random numbers. The game will choose one random number for each reel, map that number onto a position on the reel, stop the reel in the appointed place, and score whatever the outcome is. In other words, the outcome is predestined the moment you press the button; the rest is just for show. There are no hot and cold cycles; your odds are the same for every spin on a given machine.
Slot machines are just about the only game in the casino where the odds are not quantifiable. In other words, the player doesn’t know how the game was designed, so it is difficult to look at an actual game to use as an example. You can try out the FREE ONLINE SLOT GAME to have a deeper understanding of how to play the Slot Machines.
If you are interested, you can browse through our list of casino that provides Slot Games [CLICK HERE]
While there is no skill to playing slots, there is some skill in selecting which machine to play and ways you can maximize your return. What follows is my advice, if you must play slots at all.
- Always use a player card. Slots may be a lousy bet, but the casinos treat slot players very well. An RM1 slot player will probably get comped better than an RM100 blackjack player. Of course, don’t play for the reason of getting comps. You’ll give them a lot more than they’ll give you.
- The simpler the game, the better the odds. The fancy games with big signs and video screens tend to not pay as well as the simple games. However, slot players always tell me the fancy games are more fun.
- The higher the denomination, the better the odds. For that reason, it is better to play one coin per line on a 5-cent game than five coins per line on a 1-cent game.
- Don’t forget to cash out and take your ticket when you leave. It is easy to forget after hitting a jackpot.
- Try to play slowly and as little as possible to get your fix.
- In some games, there is a skill feature, like Top Dollar. In such games, advice is usually offered, which you should take.
What’s the Myths is speculating on Slot Machines, YesCasino will give you a logical fact to debunked it. Find our more [CLICK HERE]
Source: Wizard of Odds